Our town is home to three schools--Osmond Community (Public) School--(K-12), St. Mary's Catholic School--(Pre K-8), and Immanuel Lutheran School--(Pre School).
Osmond Community Schools (School District No. 42R) was established in the Osmond community during the 1880s. The school district has always taken pride in the academic atmosphere and it encourages the small class size that provides individual attention needed by today's youth. Our students not only enjoy the academics, but also a wide variety of extra-curricular choices. For more information, visit Osmond Community School's Homepage.
The school, located at 908 N. Logan Street, (402) 748-3777, has added Distance Learning through the phone company. This provides live, interactive classes that allow students to specialize in curricular areas and expand their present curriculum.
Many adult education and post-secondary education classes are being taught here for the traditional and non-traditional student. Part of the development of the Distance Learning program will allow a direct link to Northeast Community College, thus allowing community college credit locally.
Osmond is part of the area served by the Northeast Community College in Norfolk, Nebraska. Northeast is a two-year public college offering several associates degrees. For more information, visit Northeast's Home Page.
St. Mary's Catholic School, located at 302 E. 5th Street, phone number (402) 748-3433, was established in 1906 and staffed by the School Sisters of St. Francis of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, until the summer of 1996. Today, lay teachers serve the needs of St. Mary's School (grades Pre K-8). St Mary's School students are also served by the public school for Chapter and the resource room as well as for keyboarding and band. Junior high students also participate in sports activities with the public school.
Immanuel Lutheran Pre-School, 806 N. Fulton Street, (402) 748-3692, is affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and is approved by the State of Nebraska Department of Education. The preschool was begun in 1991. All teachers are certified to teach by the State Department of Education.